2017 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
JULY 12th, 2017 – OCTOBER 21st, 2017
We keep our trainings small so you get the most out of your training.
More one-on-one time with your instructors allows for more personal feedback, more time practice teaching, and more opportunities to improve your practice and craft.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain a thorough understanding of individual yoga postures
- Understand safety, alignment and modifications for all levels
- Learn how to observe bodies in asana
- Learn how to use clear posture queuing along with proper hands-on-adjustments
- Understand various styles of yoga and how to adjust your teachings (Power, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, etc.)
- Learn principles of anatomy and the science of smart sequencing
- Understanding of how to theme a class
- Understanding of yoga philosophy and history
- Learning Sanskrit for asana practice and beyond
- Practice and learn how to teach meditation & pranayama
- Discuss the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the subtle body, the chakras, the 8 Limbs of Yoga, & Ayurveda
- Cover Seva and putting it action of the mat
- Learning how to teach open level classes, beginners, and advanced practitioners
- An understanding of how to teach pre and postnatal yoga
- Learn the business of yoga and steps following training
- Gain confidence through practice teaching
Graduates will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level
TYPICAL DAY IN TRAINING
Philosophy nights we will be sitting in the studio discussing Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
We will discuss how these sutras pertain to our life on and off the mat. We will not be practicing on these nights so no need to come dressed in yoga clothes.
Weekend classes will start each day with a 90-minute – 2 hour practice highlighting our focus for that day. From there we will break down the class sequence we just went through together, discussing why it was formatted in this way, breaking down the component parts of the practice, etc. We will then “look at bodies.” This exercise is meant to help students start to see others as teachers. We will look at each practitioner, since each body is different, giving proper modifications and adjustments to help suit their needs. We will then break out into a discussion for that day, ranging in topics from anatomy, the business of yoga, the chakras, etc. Finally we will end each session with the students practice teaching and one-on-one feedback from the instructor.
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Translated by Sri Swami Satchidananda
Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness by Donna Farhi
The Key Muscles of Yoga By Ray Long
Theme Weaver: Connect the Power of Inspiration to Teaching Yoga By Michelle Berman Marchildon
The Psoas Book By Liz Koch
INFO SESSION :: DATE TBD
Come meet the teacher and get answers to your questions.
We will be meeting 14 Wednesday nights from 7 – 9pm and every other Saturday & Sunday.
You can keep your day job, your social life, and become a yoga teacher!
Wednesday 7.12 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 7.15 // 1 – 8pm // Neutral Standing Poses
Sunday 7.16 // 12 – 7pm // External Standing Poses
Wednesday 7.19// 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Wednesday 7.26 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 7.29 // 1 – 8pm // Surya A
Sunday 7.30 // 12 – 7pm // Surya B
Wednesday 8.9 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 8.12 // 1 – 8pm // Balancing Poses
Sunday 8.13 // 12 – 7pm // Twists and Seated Postures
Wednesday 8.16 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Wednesday 8.23 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 8.26 // 1 – 8pm // Backbends
Sunday 8.27 // 12 – 7pm // Forward Folds
Wednesday 8.30 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Sunday 9.3 // 12 – 5 // possible anatomy class – TBD
Wednesday 9.6 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 9.9 // 1 – 8pm // Hip Openers
Sunday 9.10 // 12 – 7pm // Shoulder Openers
Wednesday 9.13 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Wednesday 9.20 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 9.23// 1 – 8pm // Arm Balances
Sunday 9.24// 12 – 7pm // Inversions
Wednesday 9.27 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 9.30 // possible anatomy class – TBD
Saturday 10.7 // 1 – 8pm // Beginners Practice
Sunday 10.8 // 12 – 7pm // Restorative + Pranayama
Wednesday 10.11 // 7 – 9pm // Philosophy
Saturday 10.14 // 1 – 8pm // Advanced Practice
Sunday 10.15 // 12 – 7pm // Pre & Postnatal Yoga + Exam Review
Saturday 10.21 // 12 – 5pm // Final Exam & Final Practicum
- Early-Bird Pricing, register by Monday, June 19th = $2700
- After Early-Bird Deadline = $2900
BREAKDOWN OF PAYMENTS
- 1ST PAYMENT – $200 is due with application (counts towards your remaining balance and non-refundable)
- 2ND PAYMENT – Half is due the first day of training
- 3RD PAYMENT – Remaining balance due at half-way point of training
- All training dates listed above
- The Yoga Mat’s 200 page Teacher Training Manual
TEACHER TRAINEE REVIEW
“Let me break this review up a bit, because I am more than just yogi who goes for classes. I’m also in the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. As a studio The Yoga Mat is one of the most welcoming and kick-ass communities. Every instructor brings a new and fresh signature approach to their classes. You can always feel that the instructors are leading you in a safe class that will help you find the right balance between your needs of flexibility and stability. The Yoga Mat does lack one thing found at so many other studios: pretension. It’s replaced with a real desire to connect with students and bring yoga to anyone who comes. •The 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training has absolutely blown my mind in such a good way. The quality and level of instruction I have received is top notch. I had been searching for a program for a long time of this caliber and I am glad Erin Hardy has established such a dynamic program for those of us wanting to become teachers. There is no stone left unturned in this program, and when “comparing notes” with other teacher trainees, I’m finding that my anatomy training, my philosophy training and my practical teaching training are far above the standards other accept. I wholeheartedly recommend The Yoga Mat as a home to place your mat, or to take your training to the next level. Clearly, that all applies to the 200 hr yoga teacher training program as well.”
–Sara Downey Robinson
Email Erin at email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR OUR NEXT TRAINING PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
The $200 application fee must be paid before we will review your application.
To pay click here.
This mentorship is meant for anyone out of their 200-hour teacher training.
- A 3 month mentorship with Annie Abrahamson or Erin Hardy
- Both mentors will attend your classes and give you direct feedback and an action plan for improving
- Up to six one-on-one meetings with the mentors discussing classes and how to build upon them
- Help designing and executing safe and smart classes
- Help finding your unique voice as a teacher
- Build confidence for teaching public classes, privates, and auditioning
- Professional development (teaching resume, bio, preparing for auditions, etc.)
- Direct access to both mentors via email and phone for 3 months to answer questions and guidance along the way